Recent Fed announcements, declining interest rates, and increased loan activity spell an optimistic end to the year. But is the mortgage industry’s renewed sense of hope warranted—and is the worst truly behind us? In this episode of Clear to Close, hosts Alan, Bryan, and Anthony dig into their thoughts on 2024’s market, including how they believe rates will trend, economic and global factors that could impact housing, and more.
Tune into this episode to learn:
- How the Fed’s actions might impact inflation in the first half of the year
- The rate path the Clear to Close hosts predict for 2024—and how that trajectory will drive loan volume in the mortgage market
- Ways that events such as next year’s election that could impact home-buying activity
- How factors in the U.S. housing market—including major commercial space vacancies in cities such as San Francisco—might unfold next year
- Ways lenders can prepare their businesses to scale in response to whatever comes their way in 2024