Maxwell Q4 2023 Mortgage Lending Report
Q4 2023 brought elevated interest rates and challenging home buying conditions. Still, Maxwell data reveals the beginnings of recovery, with loan volume showing year-over-year gains for the first time in the current market cycle. This reversal is significant, signaling a glimmer of hope that we’ll see growth going into 2024’s spring selling season.
If home prices and lending costs moderate in 2024, significant demand could flow into the market. That demand may still be impeded by low inventory, but lenders should still ready their businesses to capture available loan volume. Get exclusive data and learn how to capitalize on today’s market with our latest lending report.
From this report, you’ll learn:
- The loan volume trends in Q4 2023 that point towards market recovery
- Numbers that illustrate the lack of affordability for today’s borrowers—and steps lenders can take to better support them to homeownership
- How loan types such as VA loans, FHA loans, and HELOCs trended in the last quarter
- The reason why all borrower age groups 44 and below declined from the previous quarter, while age groups 45 and above increased
- Steps lenders can take to get ahead of 2024’s market recovery
“While the pace of recovery in 2024 is still uncertain, our data indicates we’re past the worst of the current market cycle.”