Maxwell Q2 2023 Mortgage Lending Report
This quarter’s Mortgage Lending Report is powered by an expanding dataset derived from loans transacted on the Maxwell platform. Built over the past year and a half, the data infrastructure that supports the Maxwell Mortgage Lending Report allows for a broader picture of borrower behaviors and market trends.
This data is significant because it gives lenders an exclusive look into the home buyers rising in today’s market: These borrowers are taking 7% rates head-on and creating their own paths to homeownership, whether that means moving to more affordable cities or exploring alternative property types. By examining these demographics, lenders can hone their practices to better serve the home buyers of today—and tomorrow.
In this report, you’ll get insight into:
- Data on loan volume, average interest rates, and loan amounts locked in Q2
- Trends in borrower credit scores, LTV, and DTI
- Borrower demographics rising in the marketplace—including longterm trends that show how women, younger buyers, and first-time buyers have been able to grow in share
- Locales across the country where borrowers were able to find entry into the market
- Ways that lenders can connect with new borrower demographics to better fill their pipelines and serve their communities
“While interest rates remain relatively high and loan volume continues to lag, glimmers of hope shed light on a market that may begin to turn a corner.”